Easy DIY Portable Bike Repair Stand
Table Of Contents
- 1 Step 1 Bike Repair Stand:
- 2 Step 2 Bike Repair Stand:
- 3 Step 3 Bike Repair Stand:
- 4 Step 4 Bike Repair Stand:
- 5 Step 5 Bike Repair Stand:
- 6 Step 6 Bike Repair Stand:
- 7 Step 7 Bike Repair Stand:
- 8 Step 8 Bike Repair Stand:
- 9 Step 9 Bike Repair Stand:
- 10 Step 10 Bike Repair Stand: (Optional)
- 11 Step 11 Bike Repair Stand: Pitures of Bike Stand in Action:
I have been the use of my ceiling mounted Portable bike raise to hold my Portable bike when doing minor maintenance or changes. I simply decrease the Portable bike on the subject of flooring, it kinda works, however it isn’t portable bike and it is a little wobbly and no longer solid when you’re cranking the wheels bike.
After studying several post from a bike Rapir stand discussion board on find out how to constructed your personal Easy portable bike repair stand, I determined to make my very own. I sought after it to be portable bike and ready to regulate the perspective of the clamp to deal with other portable bike stand geometry and ready to tilt theportable bike stand at a definite attitude.
To make it portable bike, I determined to make use of a PA tripod speaker stand as a base. I discovered a excellent deal from Craiglist. New ones from Amazon will price you round $20 to over 100 bucks for the partiality ones. My goal is to stay all of it below $50….and Craiglist is a existence saver. The tripod is the important thing section for this constructed; in case your getting one be sure that the tripod top tube can accommodate a 1″ diameter pipes.
Additionally, the pipe wall thickness is the most important for the design to work, the 3/4″ diameter pipe must have the ability to have compatibility within the 1″ diameter pipe (should you take a look at the photographs under you can see what I imply). I were given black pipes from House Depot and this can be a easiest have compatibility.
Materials and Equipment you wish to have:
PA tripod speaker stand
3/4″ Pony clamp
2 = 1″ diameter , 6″ lengthy black pipe. (threaded each and every finish)
1 = 3/4″ diameter, 21 inch lengthy black pipe [threaded on one finish]
1 =1″ diameter Galvanized Tee fitting
Red everlasting loctite
34.9 mm QR seatpost clamp
Paint [not obligatory]
2 x 4 block of wooden, 12 inches lengthy
Outdated mouse pad with rubber-padding
Equipment you wish to have:
a Chop saw or hack saw
a Drill with drill bits
Pipe wrench & a desk mounted vise comes to hand
Rivet setter / revits or steel screws.
Pictured under is the completed Easy DIY Portable Bike Repair Stand:
Step 1 Bike Repair Stand:
1. The usage of a pipe wrench, thread one of the most 1″diameter pipe to the 1″ Galvanized Tee as pictured under, use red loctite to completely protected it.
Step 2 Bike Repair Stand:
2. The usage of a chop saw or a hacksaw, saw off the simply threaded 1″ pipe to make it flush with the Tee fitting [pictured under]). Save the additional pipe, you’ll be able to want this later.
Step 3 Bike Repair Stand:
3. Use the pipe you stored from earlier step to make the “tailpiece” (pictured underneath). This might be used to hold the pony clamp 3/4″ pipe in position. Make 3 horizontal cuts alongside the 1″ pipe shaft the usage of a chop noticed [those can be onerous to duplicate the usage of a hacksaw]. If you’re caught with a hacksaw, make 4 cuts as a substitute (+ pattern) . Now, drill a small hole on the end of each and every lower to offer it extra flexibility.
Step 4 Bike Repair Stand:
4. Thread the above piece to the other finish of the 1″ Tee, use red loctite to completely safe it for Portable Bike Repair Stand
Step 5 Bike Repair Stand:
5. The use of two = 2″x4″ wooden blocks [each and every measures 6 inches lengthy]. Drill -through a clearance hole at the wooden blocks so they can cross alongside the 3/4″ pipe. I used a 1″ bore for that. I then clamp the two 2″x4″ sections in combination and bored by way of vertically to create the concave channels in each and every part of the wooden block clamp pads.
Step 6 Bike Repair Stand:
6. I threaded any other 1″ diameter pipe about 6 inches lengthy to the ground of the 1″ Galvanized Tee. I painted it black for cultured, then used 3 rivets to protected the clamp head assembly to the tripod [pictured below].
Step 7 Bike Repair Stand:
7. Now for the wooden block clamp pads, I bolted it to the pony clamp & painted it blue (counter sink the top of the bolts). As soon as the paint dried, I glued [the use of touch cement] an previous rubber mouse pad into the concave sections to behave as a rubber padding.
Step 8 Bike Repair Stand:
8. Connect the 3/4″ Pony Clamp to the 3/4″ x 21″ pipe.
Step 9 Bike Repair Stand:
9. Slide the Pony clamp 3/4″ pipe to the Tee-piece, then use a 34.9mm QR seat put up clamp to regulate the perspective for clamping. As an alternative of QR seat post clamp, I opted for a salvaged clamp from a razor kick scooter and a hand knob i used to be saving from an previous workplace chair. I simply changed the unique bolt to a smaller one to deal with the clamp threads.
A small wing nut on the finish of the 3/4″ pipe is used for protection, this prevents the pony clamp assembly from by accident sliding out.
Step 10 Bike Repair Stand: (Optional)
10. (Not obligatory) I painted the tripod legs blue……now it may be improper for a Park Device bike Stand.
Step 11 Bike Repair Stand: Pitures of Bike Stand in Action:
Right here it’s in action. Even with the tripod legs in mid extended place, it is rather stable & no longer tippy in any respect.
Thank you for visiting, I hope this review about Easy DIY Portable Bike Repair Stand can be useful for you, find other Cycling bike tips trick, see you soon and have a nice day
Title : Easy DIY Portable Bike Repair Stand, Easy DIY Portable Bike Stand